Ormsby Hill Baked Omelet
An easy dish for one or a crowd.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup grated Cabot cheddar cheese
- About 10 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp herbs de Provence
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 grinds of fresh pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray two oven proof casserole dishes (capacity at least 5 oz) with cooking spray and place on a cookie sheet.
- Squeeze the grated zucchini to remove as much moisture as possible. Divide between the two dishes.
- Divide the cheddar cheese and tomatoes between the dishes.
- Place the eggs, cream, herbs de Provence, salt and pepper in a blender. Pulse 4 or 5 times until eggs are frothy.
- Pour egg mixture into casserole dishes.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano and chives.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until tops are puffy and browned.
- Serve hot.